Menu
Rebrea88
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds area 30

I am having a nightmare in area 30 the speeds are ridiculous. I am on vivid 100 and struggle to get 5mbps on a night. Today I can only get 0.5mbps download. It is getting beyond a joke. I can't wait for my contract to end so I can leave.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds area 30

Hi Rebrea88,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004927687). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 6th December 2017.

I've also noticed a very high timeout count in your hub's log. I'd like to arrange for a technician to check this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rebrea88,

As VM are not upholding their side of the contract and have acknowledged that there is an over-utilisation issue in your area, there should be no charges levied if you choose to cancel before the contract expires.

I am a fellow area 30 sufferer and having called telephone "support" earlier, on another issue, they tell me that my area's over-utilisation issue has been cleared.  That is news to me, as i am still getting pretty awful peak-time speeds, very similar to the ones you are suffering.  

This is either a case of "let's close this ticket and hope nobody notices" or a simple case of "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" and either way, it doesn't look too good.

greyman
Superfast
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just by way of an update, i was told yesterday, by a VM call centre operative, that the review date on the over-utilisation issue in my patch has now been moved from May 2017 to January 2018.  They really don't appear to be in a rush to get this work done do they?

Time for plan B and whether that is to leave VM and complain to OFCOM or to stay with VM and complain to OFCOM is my only decision now. 

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sadly OFCOM are toothless in these cases, if you want to pursue thus as a complaint use CISAS.

0 Kudos
Barbara13
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is the 6th of December an April Fool joke!! That is 8 months away. next review date!!!!!!?!?
0 Kudos
Barbara13
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Email down again, VM estimate will be fixed by 16.25pm to day!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing trouble with your connection greyman,

I've located your account details and I can confirm that the fault ticket F004175974 regarding a high demand for our service in your area is set for review on 03/01/2018. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please let me know if there is anything more that I can help with,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Barbara13,

Sorry to hear this.

I've checked everything from this end for you and I believe any previous tickets raised via your account have since been closed.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with your connection.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rebrea88
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's a miracle! The speeds are back to normal this evening I'm getting the vivid 100 I was promised. Perhaps VM were right with their May review date prediction. I hope this is not a one off and the issues are fixed now. We can all get back to being in 2017 if the dial up speeds are finally fixed 😂 Fingers crossed I didn't speak too soon.
0 Kudos