Menu
GuitarJoe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds 200mb package

Had a new router installed a few weeks back and just lately my speeds are down to around 30mb or lower. 

router status1.jpgRouter status2.jpgrouterstatus3.jpg

Also my phone is disabled for some reason.

Any clues from my router stats?

0 Kudos
GuitarJoe
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds 200mb package

Oh hello, 3am and I'm hitting this speed?

Are Virgin throttling their 200mb speeds nowadays?

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They will deny any throttling

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
GuitarJoe
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

11.am....

Never had a problem in the past. Area suddenly over subscribed?

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great, isn't it? 3am and I can do what I want. They're crooks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi GuitarJoe, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your slow speeds issues. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I noticed that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F005015394 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the beginning of May. Thanks for your patience regarding this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information. In order to make their job a little easier, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) with a few security questions for you to confirm, once this has been done I can pass it on to the relevant team.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GuitarJoe
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was told on the phone that the work was being carried out last week.

What does 'reviewed' mean? 

A friend in Manchester has been given the same date. I'm in Northern Ireland. I'm hardly going to renew my contract in March based on wooly promises of 'reviews' two months later.

I think I'd be better off going with BT and getting their 70mb speeds throughout the day instead of peak speeds as low as 10mb.

0 Kudos
zzxap19
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't know of this will help, but I posted in the Speed secion that i could get 165mb wired, but only 20mb wireless - on both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz.

After some investigation it seemed it was the router throttling itself, limiting the max speed to 54mb.

Have you tried a wired connection? If you get full speed on a cable but very slow wifi try going into your router settings and clicking the advanced options and then have a look in the Wireless Radio settings to check it's able to access top speed - mine was set to low speed to enable older stuff to connect, but that was not necessary as nothing connecting is more than a couple of years old.

0 Kudos