Menu
djianm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed

I`ve just upgraded to VIVID 200 and my broadband speed has now decrease( was on 75Mbps).. Had an engineer out last week who has told me that my local exchange is being upgraded and wont be complete till end of april. I spoke to customer services expecting to get a discount only to be told that because i was still getting some service that i am not entitled to anything. How can this be the case. I am now paying more money for a worse product. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed

Hello djianm

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are getting slow speeds and for the problems when you contacted us. At the moment I am unable to identify you from the forum details. I will send you a forum private message, please reply to it if you would like us to take a look.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello djianm

Thanks for your message I have managed to identify your connection now. The line and hub are looking good but as you mentioned there does seem to be a problem with high peak time traffic in the area. I have just raised it with our planning team reference F005204777, in a few days once we have had a look and assessed the necessary work we will have a corresponding review date. 

In the meantime I will send you a forum PM to discuss the account issues.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
bootcampeddie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You need to cancel and go elsewhere. I have been suffering with slow speeds for over a year because Virgin have signed up more people than the network can take. It seems to me a regular occurance throughout their network nowadays. The fastest network for speed is actually the slowest because Virgin won't refuse any new customers. Im leaving around 15th April and going with BT that offer a 52mb connection and GUARANTEE 32mb, even at peak times. Its much cheaper too! Youre paying for a service you arent getting so you can cancel with no fees so don't listen to the reps. If you get nowhere then call or email the CEO on Executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk or call 0800 052 0056 and they will help you out and even give you retentions. I got £100 because I was wrongfully informed that I couldn't cancel my contract due to the connection. They give me £75 cash and £5 off every bill for 5 months. I tried to stay but the connection got that bad I couldn't even browse the internet!

Its going to be a long while before I use Virgin again!

0 Kudos