Menu
dobbied
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed

I'm in area 24 and getting 9 to 12 Mbs instead of 200Mb. I would be happy with over 100Mb, but currently getting upload speeds faster than the download. 

I've tested using several speed checkers and the laptop is hard-wired into the Virgin super hub, even turned the TIVO box off, but consistently between 9Mb and 12MB. Ran the VIrgin Broadband test ans it reported all iw well, but this is rubbish performance for what I should be getting.

0 Kudos
ChrisK1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed

It seems just about everyone on the network is suffering lousy download speeds at the moment but according to VM everything is Hunky Dory.

Area 07

0 Kudos
glennkelly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Im in area 24 as well, in Bedford.
I have just had an engineer turn up and leave without fixing the issue. 

He said:

Average 20-50mbps download
Ping - always under 10ms
Upload consistently at 10mbps

Technician Report "Still slow speed from Headend"

He seems to think that there is a Network issue as the customers before me have the same issue. He spoke to another engineer and then said that there is nothing he can do but for me to wait and see if the issue at the Headend clears within 1-2 weeks. I asked if there was a ticket for the issue and he said no.

I have had slow speed since the planned works in Mid February. I received a letter stating that there were to be planned improvements around the 13th Feb.
Since then my download speeds have been way off what they should be. Historically I've been bang on 150mbps without fluctuation (give or take 20MB in busy times)

I have DM'd one of the Forum Team to raise awareness as I know Im not the only one affected.

Glenn

Ortes
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
area 21 Greenford.
Speed is 10mb with vivid 200.
Every single day since receiving quick start package (with faulty router hub 3!) i am calling customer service and getting the same answer:we are working on it...

Anyone knows when 200 will be up and running?!
I am. paying for 200 not 10 and no one informed me that i will not have it...

Poor service Virgin... Poor broadband as well...
0 Kudos
neilone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Area 03 

I did a test on broadband.co.uk and got 0.7 mb whereas I pay for 70mb ,  I  assumed it was a wireless issue so I tried  from pc directly cabled into the hub and it was about the same. 

I phoned to report the issue and the automated tests say my connection is fine -  so not sure how to actually report this and get the issue looked at.   

0 Kudos
glennkelly
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Call support back and insist on an engineer visit.
0 Kudos
Ortes
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Every time i was running test everything was fine. and cust service was saying taht all is good until I was giving them proper explanation. than suddenly they were coming up with some line issues...
0 Kudos
neilone
Tuning in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

glennkelly wrote:
Call support back and insist on an engineer visit.

Yes will do ,  but haven't managed to get past the automated response yet.   

0 Kudos
Ortes
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

haha, i had an engineer visit on friday and they have replaced the. modem. and that's it. After that i have called cust service AGAIN and was advised that theybare having too.high demand for service thay can provide...
Joke
0 Kudos
Ortes
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Speed up and down between 2mb and 29mb...
0 Kudos