Menu
tomcro
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed

I get speed of 100 during day and between 3 and 6 at night.upload speed tends to be constant about 5 to 8. Can anyone help.
It seems a common issue
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed

Slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting years for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
tomcro
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information .I will await someone to contact me and see what happens.
Just out of interest,why do you connect your Hub to a netgear router?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My netgear router has better wireless performance than my hub and has features not available on the hub.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey tomcro,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I appreciate this is really frustrating.

Scott has hit the nail on the head and I'm sorry to confirm that we are currently working on a fault in your area. The ref is: F003669611 and it's due for review on the 1st Feb. While this fault is on-going you might experience slow speeds during peak time hours (evening and weekends).

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tomcro
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I was informed that the fix date is 14th December 2016.Why are you giving me a different date?
Also how do I claim compensation for the fact that I am paying for a service that I do not receive? This is not what Virginia media is supposed to be about.
0 Kudos
pinkywoo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just done a speed test as I keep getting a 'Page Unresponsive' message. It often works when I open the page again but I need to do this several times. The results are Ping 16 ms, download 20.58 Mbps and upload 4.69 Mbps. Download should be up to 70. This has been happening for about a week now.

Emails often take up to 20 hours to be delivered to me and tv (tivo box) takes a few minutes when I try to open My Shows or when I try to open a recorded programme  to watch. Don't know if any of these would be connected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey there tomcro,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Very Happy

The dates we provide are reviews, not fixes as there are many factors which can cause unavoidable delays. The review date is when the fault ticket will be updated and we will then be able to pass the update onto you.

Apologies again for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tomcro
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On that basis you can just keeping pushing the review date back without actually solving the problem. The ref I was given by one of your engineers is F003669611 for 14/12/16.
If it is not fixed how do I get compensated for a degraded service or do I just switch suppliers?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello tomcro

I am sorry you are having problems with slow peak time speeds, the reference you were given is correct and the job is with our planning team. The review date is currently showing 01 FEB 2017. These things can take a while I am afraid as there are so many factors involved. If you would be so kind as to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos