Menu
John1005
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed- is there any point complaining?

I pay for 100mb broadband and after just conducting a speed test I am getting 2 mb speed..... Is there any point complaining? I have found virgin customer services absolutely shocking in the past. Does anybody have any recommendations for consistent speed (close to advertised speeds!) from anyone else?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
CoreyDog
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow speed- is there any point complaining?

Basically, no.

I complained for nearly 2 and a half years, got absolutely nowhere apart from broken promises and irritating pointless customer service reps.

If they utter the words 'High Utilisation', run away very quickly and find another provider.
0 Kudos

All Replies
CoreyDog
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Basically, no.

I complained for nearly 2 and a half years, got absolutely nowhere apart from broken promises and irritating pointless customer service reps.

If they utter the words 'High Utilisation', run away very quickly and find another provider.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

John1005 wrote:

I pay for 100mb broadband and after just conducting a speed test I am getting 2 mb speed..... Is there any point complaining? I have found virgin customer services absolutely shocking in the past. Does anybody have any recommendations for consistent speed (close to advertised speeds!) from anyone else?

There is always a point in complaining, officially it gets logged, all ISP's have a code of practice, its the law, and most large ISP's have a regulatory body that governs their daily activity with regulations, again, most large ISP's have signed up to. If you follow Virgin Media's Code of practise, which is not the easiest page to find here on their web site, but you will need to follow Virgin Media Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice, this way you will get all the correct information on how to make the complaint, it also outline that if the complaint is not resolved you can, after 8 weeks, take it to Virgin Media's Regulator CISAS, again, all the correct procedures are there to follow.

It can be a long winded procedure, and to be honest, they are never made easy, but its worth a try if you like the challenge.I have made a help page to guide people through, some have found it handy others have not, the information is there to help.

Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there John1005,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos