Menu
tom126
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed in area 12

Hi

I have been seeing incredibly low speeds on my broadband pretty much every evening. 

Ping Download Upload
246 ms2.91 Mb/s3.31 Mb/s

This is tonight's download speed on a 50mb package. This is making the internet almost unusable and cannot be acceptable.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed in area 12

First of all I would recommend that you check the 'Service Status' link after logging into your Virgin Media online account.  This will show if there are any known issues in your area which are likely to be causing this fault.

Also, are these speeds affecting multiple devices and does it occur on both wireless and wired connections? - If you are using wireless are you able to try it on a wired connection ?

There are staff members that respond to posts on this public forum but it seems to take them around a week to reply, so relying on that wouldn't be the fastest option for you.  You could give them a call or contact them via Live Chat.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed in area 12

Hi tom126,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004081115). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 29th March 2017.

I can also see a lot of timeouts in your hub logs. Can you reboot the hub so we can reset the counter? That way I can check to see if there's an issue with the equipment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos