Menu
Ng5
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed in Nottingham

Currently on 100mb package but getting max 3.4mbps. Quite frankly not good enough. A 300mb file telling me it will take 14 hrs to download is an absolute joke.
Done the usual testing and port checking to no avail
0 Kudos
Arthur-Hucksake
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed in Nottingham

In the same boat here, same postal area. I've had an open ticket for about a year now.

0 Kudos
pcmanbob
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I am just up the road at mansfield and in exactly the same boat slow downloads between 4pm and midnight.

With vodaphones offer of no line rental on there fiber broadband I am considering jumping ship.

their top package is 76 down 20 up, and speed checker says I should get 52 down and 18 up at least and only £28 a month.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ng5

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003320182 and with a review date of 12th October.

As this can impact your speeds during peak hours, do you notice these slow speeds during the daytime? Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jon6123
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Assuming NG9's username is a reference to their postal area, my household is also having major peak time issues in this area. I just moved into this house and have never had any issues with Virgin media before, in many different areas across UK! Concern is with download only, not upload speed according to Speedtest.net

Could you tell us the outcome of 12th Oct review?

Also, could you address the message regarding the year long ticket? How long has this issue affected the area

Cheers

0 Kudos
alalx
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"The current fault F003320128 has a new review date of 28/12/16"

I got this, area NG5, it's a joke really the speeds have been unusable during the day and night up until midnight for so long.

The 12th of October review was nothing, just a date they give out with no meaningful action.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003320128 - Ongoing faulty unreliable service from Virgin Media since July 2015
0 Kudos
fedupman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Several months on and there is no change. I pay for 100 mg and currently get 8mg. speed constantly fluctuating but is now regularly low speeds. A this current time i would not recommend virgin, thinking of changing to sky. 

0 Kudos