Menu
asbs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed during peak time.

For the past 6 months or so, I have been getting slower than usual slow speeds during peak time.

For example on speed test non peak times the speed is 50mb, which is fine. Peak times used to be around 20mb. Now peak times is around 3-5mb. Which is unacceptable as we cant even stream a simple youtube video.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed during peak time.

Hey there asbs,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this can be frustrating.

Looking at your connection I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F004038862 which is due for review on the 8th March. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I do apologise for this, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
asbs
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WoRe: Slow speed during peak time.

Wow, that's an incredibly long wait. Quite unfair.

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WoRe: Slow speed during peak time.

It will be much longer than that as the date is only a 'review' the standard wait now is a couple of years.

Its a big job to fix this problem shame vm had no forward planning!!
0 Kudos
asbs
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WoRe: Slow speed during peak time.

Ive actually been having speed issues with virgin media since I joined. I guess I should switch when contract finally ends. Too much hassle but at least once ive left should be better.

Was with sky 4 years ago. Constantly 12mb but everything worked well. Never slowed down not even in peak. These guys say 50 minimum but lucky to get 5.... Just not worth it, especially with the sort of customer service VM have.
0 Kudos