Menu
dgloria
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed at peak in area 24

Since a week now every evening the net slows down to 4-5 Mbps. I have contracted for 100Mb, so this as I see it a breach of contract from VM side. I wait a few weeks, and then call off the contract and request a refund from 16. Jan 2017. Since I am unable to reach online chat (busy or unavailable) or phone helpdesk (keep me waiting for ages), I wrote it down here so that later I can refer back to this communication to VM.

I am not interested in how many new users are in the area, congratulations, but SP has to increase infra if it doesn't take the load anymore. It is not my business. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed at peak in area 24

Evening dgloria,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know this is frustrating and I would like to help as much as I can.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004218129 and has a review date of 5th April.

Also the downstream power levels are too high and as this can also have an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dgloria
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your response. Will be in touch.

0 Kudos
beretta007
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you look at mine same area same issues
0 Kudos
tractorboy81
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you sort my issue out too. Paying for 200mbps getting between 3-8mbps. Feels like a breach of contract to be honest with you so can you advise how this will be rectified

Thank you

0 Kudos
FAhmed
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same area.. (24)  same problem... help please. I am unable to work from home and having to resort to using the 3g on my phone to hotspot which is giving me 20Mbps compared to the sub 2Mbps speeds I am getting at the moment. 

The problem started on 'Good Friday' and on going.... Today at 4:15am  I was getting 6.9Mbps download.... by 8:49 despite rebooting the SH3 I was down to 0.58 Mbps.  

0 Kudos
chrisjw75
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same. I'm in Area 24, and it's been going on for months. Works for a bit, drops again, getting fobbed off by Virgin every time I phone.

0 Kudos