Menu
brettinbalham
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed at night area 21 fault ref F004448117

Is anyone else in balaham/wandsworth area experiencing slow speeds? Mine started in Dec 16. Each time I call Virgin i am told there is a network issue which will be fixed in a few weeks time. Does anyone have more detail about the fault reference provided. It seems craxy in central lonodn how network speeds can suddenly slow down as there can't be that many new connections to justify throttling the service at night.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed at night area 21 fault ref F004448117

Hi there brettinbalham,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, I can see a high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned which is causing slow speeds during peak hours. Our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 12th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required.

For further updates by all means post back here nearer the review date.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brettinbalham
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am still getting throttled at night time. It is slightly better than before can you please confirm the engineering status

Samantha_L wrote:

Hi there brettinbalham,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, I can see a high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned which is causing slow speeds during peak hours. Our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 12th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required.

For further updates by all means post back here nearer the review date.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello again brettinbalham,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that you've noticed an improvement. The fault mentioned above has been closed as resolved following checks by the networks team. How are you speeds in the day at the moment? We will continue to monitor and let you know if anything changes.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos