Menu
steve811
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed and poor customer service

So Virgin don't accept there is a problem in Area 25, even though the engineer has confirmed my equipment is fine and there has been a problem with new equipment installed at the exchange! Had a customer service operative tell me that my equipment MUST be faulty and have got an engineer booked for next Thursday.  What's the betting it will be the same guy and he tells me the same thing again, no fault at my end, just the exchange (Arris) equipment. The customer service operative tried to tell me that the three weeks of slow service was two weeks of an exchange fault then my modem has suddenly developed a fault! Why can't they tell the truth and get it sorted? At this rate I will leave in July when the contract is up and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
fergiet
Superfast
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow speed and poor customer service

Write to

Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea,
SA7 9ZJ

then after 8 weeks, if not sorted take it to

If we have not reached an agreed settlement within eight weeks of
receiving your complaint, or we agree in writing before the eight weeks
is up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication,
you can refer your complaint for independent consideration through
Alternative Dispute Resolution. This service is absolutely free of charge.
Here are their details:
For TV, broadband, phone or mobile complaints:
CISAS, 70 Fleet Street,
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203827
info@cisas.org.uk
www.cisas.org.uk

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve811, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that there's a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would need to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
steve811
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you actually took time out to check, youwill find an engineer is booked for tomorrow morning. I doubt if he will be able to find anything and will probably tell me it is the exchange (again).
0 Kudos
steve811
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, the engineer came and no, there is nothing wrong with the modem, cable or my connection! Got back on to customer services last night and spent 40 minutes on the phone to three different people. The paperwork the engineer left mentions "the growth team" so I know like many others we have a lack of capacity in out area (NP19), however the first two people denied this and it was only after I spoke to the third person she admitted there is an issue with "over utilisation" and a review (not a fix) is scheduled for April. She also told me my use of data was excessive, and we had used over 67Gb in one month, so the technical team had throttled my connection! It turns out that as my three teenagers use the internet a lot (as teenagers do) Virgin restricted the bandwidth to allow others using the same connection to get better speeds. Despite being told on three separate occasions there was a fault, we were lied to, and have been throttled for over a month! What is really annoying is that we were not told this a month ago, and we could have reduced our usage if I had known. As such Virgin have refused to compensate us, will not release us early from the contract we have until June, and cannot give us any indication of when the system will be in a position to meet the capacity we, and others need. The lady from Virgin noted we had "ten devices connected to the internet" and that we were a heavy user, but with three teenagers and modern telecoms equipment I expect we are not unusual! As some as I calm down I am writing to the CEO and Offcom and seeing what comes of that!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello steve811,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear the engineer visit hasn't helped. These area fault can be really inconvenient so I appreciate your frustrations. Although these faults are out of our hands, we will do all we can to keep you in the loop with review updates. If there's anything else you'd like us to check or test, please just ask.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

steve811 wrote:

Well, the engineer came and no, there is nothing wrong with the modem, cable or my connection! Got back on to customer services last night and spent 40 minutes on the phone to three different people. The paperwork the engineer left mentions "the growth team" so I know like many others we have a lack of capacity in out area (NP19), however the first two people denied this and it was only after I spoke to the third person she admitted there is an issue with "over utilisation" and a review (not a fix) is scheduled for April. She also told me my use of data was excessive, and we had used over 67Gb in one month, so the technical team had throttled my connection! It turns out that as my three teenagers use the internet a lot (as teenagers do) Virgin restricted the bandwidth to allow others using the same connection to get better speeds. Despite being told on three separate occasions there was a fault, we were lied to, and have been throttled for over a month! What is really annoying is that we were not told this a month ago, and we could have reduced our usage if I had known. As such Virgin have refused to compensate us, will not release us early from the contract we have until June, and cannot give us any indication of when the system will be in a position to meet the capacity we, and others need. The lady from Virgin noted we had "ten devices connected to the internet" and that we were a heavy user, but with three teenagers and modern telecoms equipment I expect we are not unusual! As some as I calm down I am writing to the CEO and Offcom and seeing what comes of that!

I'm in NP10 area and have been going round in circles for weeks with all forms of support and this includes the executive team. I had a "principle" engineer out last night who said the same as all the other people I have spoken to "there is no problem with your equipment" and has passed it on to the networks team.

I have been given 2 reference numbers for issues in my area related to over utilisation and apparently both have been closed, I was not notified of this so until I asked, as far as I was aware it was still being investigated.

I have also had 2 outages in the last week.

In May when my contract ends I am running for the hills...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve811, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, just for a quick update I have taken another look at your connection and I can see a couple of things. 

Firstly, it seems you are affected by fault ref F005142763 for SNR and FECS (signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error Corrections). The current review date is 13/03/2017. I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know once I know more. 

Additionally I can see that there seems to be some issues on the connection with slow speeds during peak times. I have popped the details across to networks to investigate further and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve811,

Just a quick update networks have come back to me and a fault has been raised ref F005147517 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi voicon, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the connection itself looks ok from this side. I can see my colleague Jen looked at this for you a couple of weeks ago and it seems that the fault numbers you have been given are linked to a larger issue.

The details have been popped across to the team who deal with these types of issues and they will keep you updated on the progress of this fault. 

Apologies that I do not have more information at this time. 

Many thanks 

Emma

0 Kudos
steve811
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, is there a network fault? Are we still being deliberately throttled? I have replied to your PM, but my next stop is a letter to the CEO and a complaint to OFFCOM, do you have any straight answers?
0 Kudos