Menu
sprigsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed all the time

Hi

I have been a long serving customer to virgin and I have 200mb broadband,but for quite a while I have suffered from speeds of around 6-7mb,I do understand that at peak times my connection speed will drop but this speed is just not right considering the money I pay a month.

I have tried phoning virgin media and getting the usual reset your modem and all that but nothing works,I am getting to the end of my tether,I just dont know what to do anymore,I am a gamer and it is affecting everything I choose to do.

I there any explination to why this is happening?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed all the time

Afternoon sprigsy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004366467 and has a review date of 10th May.

As this will impact your connection during peak hours, are you able to complete a speed test through a wired connection outside these hours to see if the speeds differ please?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos