Menu
Axilian
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed again area 25

I pay for Vivid 150 but yet again download  is <40mb plus it,s not even consistent continually drops to <5mb

Tried to so a speed test to see if I could spot anything but every speedtest site thinks I'm in Glasgow - I'm not I'm in S Wales - 

I already have issues with Virgins poor TV service so not impressed atm

0 Kudos
jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed again area 25

I'm area 25 South Wales and I'm exactly in the same boat as you , I spoke to someone on weekend and they were texting me with a date when the cables are being upgraded in my area , guess what no text yet

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds experienced Axilian,

I've checked this for you and I'm unable to detect any active faults at the moment.

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this jimmyp,

I've located your details and I'm unable to find any cause for this.

Are you connected via wired/wireless?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Axilian
Joining in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be working as normal at the moment afternoon 25 aug ( 25ms ping 104Mbps download speed) . Speedtest and other  connection testing site still think I'm in Glasgow but other than that everything  close to normal

0 Kudos
Axilian
Joining in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Well guess it was too good to last - Another Weekend and speeds  jumping  and the lag is  rubbish I can't even stream a you tube video. Sort it out - 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Axilian, 

Thank you for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and I think it may have been related to fault ref F005559612 there was a power surge caused by a local business and it was tripping  the switch in the exchange. This has now been resolved and the connection looks to be ok from here. 

How have things been looking for you since then?

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take another look. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Axilian
Joining in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Seems to fine this morning 

Just ran a speed test and though it still thinks I'm in Glasgow ???  ping is reporting 19ms and download/upload IS 111mBps / 9.2mBps

Switch to the nearest test server to where I actually am S Wales as Download jumps to 136Mbps which is the fastest I've ever seen  so all seems good 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Axilian, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see this is looking better for you now. 

Use the test server closest to where you are, it will give a more accurate picture. 

I sometimes get Bath and I also live in Wales so I doubt the connection runs up that way Smiley Happy

If you need any help in the future let us know and we will be happy to take a look. 

All the best. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Wireless is shocking hard wired is fine so what's happening with the cables in the street still no text
0 Kudos