Menu
bfc2016
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed 5-13mps every night. 200mb package

Hi,

I have been experiencing very slow speeds from 6pm-1am every night for nearly 5 months now. I have called Virgin Media on numerous occasions and have got nowhere at all. I even suggested an over utilization issue to which they didn't agree with. I am on the 200mb package and i'm very disappointed to the point where i have started looking at other providers as an alternative. I don't want to leave as i'm a long term customer but unless i can get this issue resolved i will be left with no other alternative.

Here is my latest test

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
samwba123
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed 5-13mps every night. 200mb package

Hi,

I too have slow broadband on a 50mb package lucky if I get 2mb and it's very intermittent. Had this problem for about 12 month. Probably phoned up over 15 times. They tell me upgrades are currently taking place which began January 2016 and will be finished 11th January 2017. Have never been given a fault/upgrade reference number. I live in the DY1 area. I too have been a customer for a long time over 15 years in fact but I may have to start looking else where which is sad.  

0 Kudos
wonko
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

I am getting the run-around from support. The best they could offer me was "a 30 minute telephone appointment with a bloke called Steve who fixes 99% of the problems with the high speed connections." And when is this appointment? In 3 weeks time!

I'm not in contract so I'm looking at BT.

0 Kudos
bfc2016
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm looking at bt and talk talk. It might be slower but if it's consistent it has got to be a better option
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bfc2016,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this checked out for you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos