Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (76 Views)

Slow slow speeds - Continued.

Spent all afternoon waiting in for a virgin engineer to call as per the appointment made and guess what, no one arrived. Phoned Virgin to be told the visit had been cancelled as "they had fixed the problem". Would have been nice if they had told me so i didn't waste an afternoon. Eventually got through to someone who want to send me a Superhub 3 to see if that fixes the problem. Had this problem of slow speeds for nearly a year now and still cant get more than 20mbps out of my connection. Time to leave maybe.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (46 Views)

Re: Slow slow speeds - Continued.

Hello skymanpaul

Apologies there was a bit of an area issue. At the moment your connection is looking good, area traffic is low, no noise issues. Sorry if I missed it on your previous thread but are you connecting wirelessly or with an Ethernet lead. To measure speed please use an Ethernet connection on www.speedtest.net leaving the default server and let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)

Re: Slow slow speeds - Continued.

Fitted the new Superhub 3 that Virgin supplied to fix the speed issue. A bit of faffing around as the instructions weren't the best but got the whole thing up and running in about 1.5 hours. Now getting speeds at times of 100 mbps + and no drop outs so a definite improvement. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Pity Virgin weren't a bit more on the ball earlier as wasted a lot of time and money resolving this. Took the last years subscription under false pretenses.

0 Kudos