Menu
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow peak time speeds - Area postcode AL1

High utilisation in the Hatfield, Herts area, it's been months...

Typically how long does it take for VM to get on and expand the service, I guess they have to pull new cables or expand the boxes, does anyone know what they actually have to do?

I stay with them for the fast internet, you would think with people rapidly ''çord cutting'' and moving to streaming services, maintaining that one USP virgin has over other suppliers would be a top priority - it seem that's not the case.

I can't be the only one in this area who's demanding it be fixed! 

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow peak time speeds - Area postcode AL1

0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if anyone from VM will bother to comment on the over subscription in the Hertfordshire area?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi londondesigner,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during peak hours.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003489544) and the review date is 8th March. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth. This can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. 

Regards 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Yeah, it's pretty bad, and that particular fault number F003489544 has been open since around September 2015.  So I reckon a resolution anytime this century is more likely...

I personally can't believe more people aren't complaining so management actually feel it's worth actually fix it.  

It seems people just put up with poor service :-(

Hopefully BT get their fibre here soon - as a alternative!

0 Kudos