Menu
albany1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow peak time speeds - Area 31 AL3 - When will over-utilization be fixed?

Share Image

This is a "good" result for my "100Mb/s" service from just now.  Been like this since September. 

Last night it was 1.9Mb/s downstream and average pings over 150ms with many dropped packets. i.e. unusable.

Can someone give me a proper fix time for this utilization issue?  CS are giving me different dates.  What are the real facts?

This was a step change in performance so where have you reallocated my area's bandwidth?  We want it back!

I had a credit for last month.  I think that should be ongoing until this issue is fixed.  And what about the previous 3 months?

I'm really not happy.  Virgin should be able to forecast this capacity issue months, if not years ahead.  So I can only assume that the network planners aren't up to the job or Virgin is avoiding expenditure on their network and hoping not enough people will notice.

Last decent evening result was 29 August 2016.

Share Image

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow peak time speeds - Area 31 AL3 - When will over-utilization be fixed?

0 Kudos

All Replies
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
albany1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Pete.  Knew it wouldn't be just me.

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that I couldn't give you some better news mate.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
albany1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So it gets even worse and with lots of dropped packets the quality is through the floor.  A robust "chat" with CS beckons.  No point having this service at all at this level - browser usage is like dial-up 30 years ago.  FTTC here we come.

Share Image

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm in AL4 and suffering from the same problems.  Spoke to CS last week and they stated the latest review date for my issue - F004466969 - is now 07/06/17.  Interestingly, they didn't offer any further credit, simply that I could leave without penalty.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there albany1,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to see that you're getting slow speeds cause by an area fault. I've taken a look at this and I can see fault: F004985176 is on-going and is being reviewed on the 24th April. Please note this is a review date, when the fault ticket will be updated. We're not given fix dates for these faults as there's many factors which can cause delays.

If you keep in touch with us and bump this post on or after the review, we will happily provide a progress update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
albany1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I don't wish to tempt fate, but a dropped connection and IP address change earlier this week suggests some remedial work has been done.

And now I'm getting these speeds at peak time - I haven't seen anything approaching this since September 2016.  It was a long 7 months and I was giving it until the 16th April which was a fix date relayed to me on the phone, before terminating early and moving to a BT-based fibre service.  .Seems they have been as good as their word and finally got it fixed.  Hope that happens for others soon.

Share Image

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

albany1 - Hope it continues like that for you over the coming months.

I'm in AL4 and have had various dropped connections and different IP addresses, but things haven't yet improved for me.  Here's a typical day in AL4! 

My Broadband Ping - VM SH3 200Mbps

0 Kudos