Menu
angyalka
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow or no connection

Ready your popcorn, time for a story.

Started november 2016,with some disconnections, by january 2017 the speed would drop dead or no connection for half hour-hour. Since then had both tivo and hub replaced, 2 engineer visit, tons of calls, but still... no stable internet connection. I pay for 200mb i get 0.2, also full house tv with no working channels. And when i ring or check service, all is there for me to wait till x day x hour to be "fixed" and an engineer is on his way. I check back on x day x hour to see that it has been changed to a different day and time and the engineer is on his way. Since January the poor engineer is on his way. I put in a complaint about the 1.8K (yes, thousand)PING, and the 0.16 non-existent speed. I had some £22 refund for the inconvenience of the past 4 months. My partner can't do any consistent online work and also being a gamer he is double frustrated. Got a 7 year old asking why is the internet still not working? Yeah... WHY IS IT NOT WORKING??? Aren't we the customers not paying enough for VirginMedia to pay and train their employees properly and have their boxes and cables maintained, fixed in no time? 

Speed like its 1980... on the terminator phone line. 

0 Kudos
bootcampeddie
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow or no connection

You need to cancel and go elsewhere. I have been suffering with slow speeds for over a year because Virgin have signed up more people than the network can take. It seems to me a regular occurance throughout their network nowadays. The fastest network for speed is actually the slowest because Virgin won't refuse any new customers. Im leaving around 15th April and going with BT that offer a 52mb connection and GUARANTEE 32mb, even at peak times. Its much cheaper too! Youre paying for a service you arent getting so you can cancel with no fees so don't listen to the reps. If you get nowhere then call or email the CEO on Executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk or call 0800 052 0056 and they will help you out and even give you retentions. I got £100 because I was wrongfully informed that I couldn't cancel my contract due to the connection. They give me £75 cash and £5 off every bill for 5 months. I tried to stay but the connection got that bad I couldn't even browse the internet!

Its going to be a long while before I use Virgin again!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow or no connection

Hello angyalka,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I completely appreciate how irritating this can be.

Can I ask if you're testing your speeds on a wireless or hard-wired connection? Also, do you notice if the speeds alter at specific times of the day / night?

Hope to hear back from you soon so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos