Menu
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Slow, laggy internet. Phone support trolling me.

Since i have moved into my new house, i have had problems with the virgin media internet connection. 

I have called several times and got different responses.

Today i called up when my speed was <20mb, the guy said he system was down and would call me back, which he did. He then lied to me about the issue and placed me in a que for 20 mins. I sat and waited then he discounted the call.

I called back, the woman on the phone confirmed he had lied about the issue, but my phone went flat half way through the phone call.

I know posting here is completely pointless aswell as staff members take a **bleep** week to reply, i could walk to your office and reply faster.

Who and what do i do to complain to about virgin media, i am not reviceing 25% of my agreed contract with them and thier is no legitmeat way to contact someone who is not going to lie blatantly about the issue.

No one should ever have to come to a public fourm and rage off the top of their heads about a service they pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow, laggy internet. Phone support trolling me.

THANKS FOR REPLYING, VIRGIN. GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT I BET YOU WIN ALL THE GOD DAM AWARDS.

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@tormentuk — it seems to take about a week for VM to reply to posts on the forum. When they do you'll get some useful info from them, such as a fault reference, review date or an engineer sent out to you. You just have to be patient because I've read elsewhere that if you bump your own thread then it can end up going to the back of the queue. 

I'm not sure why it takes so long to get a reply, but VM usually apologise for the slow response and say that they've been busy. The thing is, if they're routinely taking a week to get back to people then surely with a bit of effort and investment from management they could bring it down to a day or two. That would certainly make a big difference to a lot of customers and make them happier.

In my experience it took 2 weeks to get a fault reference and a discount for diminished service — so hang on in there!

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey there tormentuk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. I've taken a look and I don't see anything obviously out of place. Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection?

Apologies for not replying sooner, we're quite busy at the moment and can take a few days to get to each post.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

well you obv did not look in the right place... Their was a major work which was carried out to a exchange near me to solve the issue, But my internet is still hitting slow speeds and is very up and down. I am now getting 60 to 100 meg, insted of the <20mb, still cheesed off. I am thinking to swap to a internet provider who cares about their costumers, just waiting on a fibre to propriety to open up near me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello again tormentuk,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear this is still on-going. When I run checks, I see what's happening n real time so that's why I think I didn't see the work that was on-going since. I appreciate this is frustrating, does you speed change at different times of the day / night?

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still the same, getting 10 mbs right now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning tormentuk,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've taken at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F005237691 and has a review date of 30th August.

Do you only notice these speeds during peak hours or can it be throughout the daytime also?

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

most unhelpful person ever, this is my internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6351356564.png
I am getting more than 95% less speed than i should, i try to call virgin **bleep** media all the time, its auto phone system disconnects me, i have wires running all over my god dam house trying to make phone calls as you never sent a **bleep** tech guy to install the phone socket.

this has been going on since October if you dont **bleep** reply soon and fix my problem i am going to block payments via my bank as thier is no way to contact virgin scamming **bleep** media other than posting on a **bleep** public fourm.
0 Kudos
tormentuk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i have never once has so much hatred for a company before and never suffered such hardships and stressed caused by your f u cki ng service
0 Kudos