Menu
P_robinson36
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet

Hi

Am supposed to get 200 meg broadband speed but I struggle to get 20 meg if am lucky it's been like this for the over a month now I got told I would get 200meg have done speed test every other day and always around same speed around 20 meg
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow internet

Hi P_robinson36 

Can you confirm if this slow speed is all the time or during peak hours of 4pm to midnight Monday to Friday and all day weekends?

Are you testing on wired or wifi, best to use wired to start with to narrow down the issue if Possible? 

It would also be useful to post your hub stats...

Open a browser window and input the URL 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 if in modem mode) and this should open up the hub's management screen.   Do NOT sign in but simply click on Router Status and post here the Upstream and Downstream stats and the network log.

Cheers

0 Kudos

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could sign into https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index check your service status and run tests on your equipment to determine any known faults and if not satisfied, arrange for an engineers home visit online

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi P_robinson36 

Can you confirm if this slow speed is all the time or during peak hours of 4pm to midnight Monday to Friday and all day weekends?

Are you testing on wired or wifi, best to use wired to start with to narrow down the issue if Possible? 

It would also be useful to post your hub stats...

Open a browser window and input the URL 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 if in modem mode) and this should open up the hub's management screen.   Do NOT sign in but simply click on Router Status and post here the Upstream and Downstream stats and the network log.

Cheers

0 Kudos
P_robinson36
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's wireless am using Can not use wired as using iPad etc and no laptop have just checked the speed now and it says 43meg still no where near the 200 i got told had get I use to get 20 meg through the phone cable from
Sky
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The iPad should be pretty good, what model is it?

Can you post screenshots of the hub stats and logs I mentioned in my previous post, this will help see if your power levels are good, they can cause these types of speed issues?

If not you can either wait a few days for a Virgin Team member  who will be able to check your hub remotely or give Virgin a call on 150 to get it checked out.

Cheers

Karl

0 Kudos