Menu
Venla2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet speed area 07

My internet has been really slow for the last few weeks/months. When I do a speed test it only clocks in at around 2-5mbps which is a lot slower than it should be. I struggle to do anything in the evening when my girlfriend is also using the internet. How can I get this back to where it should be?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Venla2
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet speed area 07

Anyone? Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Chaff
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You're not alone, I'm in area 07 and have been repoting dire connection speeds since October 2016.

I've now given up with Virgin Media. I was sold 100MB connection and tonight just before 11pm it was running at just 1MB download speed. 1% of the advertised speed - Virgin Media superfast broadband in this area is a complete joke!

The only issue now is I keep making the mistake of calling to cancel during 'peak times' which seems to be any time of the day I try. Perhaps that's the latest con to prevent customers from leaving. Don't bother being honest about the reported speeds at the point of sale, don't bother trying to fix it*, don't bother even speaking to ripped off customers for retention just keep them on hold for 14 minutes then cut the connection.

*Bizzarely enough I was told by one agent there was an issue and I was given a rectification date which has since slipped for the last 5 months but contractory to this the website reports no issues and other agents have done everything from tell me there is nothing to changing settings on my router/modem then another agent tells me those settings are wrong and changes them back etc.

On a positive note I am getting discounts on my bill for all my ranting about mis-selling! The agents do try and be helpful but there simply isn't sufficient infrastructure to handle the amount of customers who have the audacity to want to use their broadband in area 07.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Venla2,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting at the moment. I've checked your connection and I don't see anything obviously wrong right now. Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Does you speed fluctuate at different times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos