Menu
dazzabird
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet last night...area 6

Hi

im on a upto 150mbps package and I know there is a fault in my area ( utilisation ) but I normally still get about 75mbps so most of time ok.

last night very bad, tried to download and watch episodes of BBC show missing, but the internet wasn't downloading it fast enough for us to watch. So had to keep pausing show to allow it to catch up....now this is the first time this has happened.

im in area 6....anyone else in same area? Is this a sign of even worse things to come 

thanks

darren

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet last night...area 6

Hi Darren, 

Thank you for letting us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F004810977 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of February. 

One of my colleagues will be in touch with more information, thanks for your patience with this matter.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dazzabird
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you describe the process here?

reading the forum boards I see lots of people having 'load' issues..

if it's gonna get worse before it gets better then I maybe better off jumping ship 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazzabird, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble.

I have taken a look and it seems there is a change ticket for some engineering work going through today, ref C00783002. 

Hopefully we will see an improvement in your connection after this has gone through. 

Let me know how things look for you over the next few days. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazzabird, 

Just a quick update the change ticket has gone through and some improvement has been made to the connection but there is still more work to do. 

It seems you are still affected by fault ref F004810977 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I can see the team that deals with this type of issue has already been in touch, we should have more news after 22/02/2017. The team will continue to keep you updated. 

I can also see that your upstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you as it will not be helping you during non-peak hours. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos