Menu
Margandjim
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet browsing-fast download speed

Hi I'm getting quite good download speeds of around 75mbps (100mb broadband) but general internet browsing takes ages to load and I constantly have to refresh the page to get anywhere. This is wired and wifi on all devices. I can connect to my neighbours virgin with none of the problems I get.
Any help is appreciated
Jim
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet browsing-fast download speed

Hey Jim,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow browsing, this can be irritating. When you're testing your speeds, what does your ping look like? I've taken a look from our end and nothing is standing out right now.

Resetting your Superhub to defaults might help to ensure there's no settings that have been changed.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Margandjim
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,
Thanks for getting in touch. My ping is between 9ms and 15ms when testing speed. Even though the speed is fast on Speedtest I have to constantly keep updating the web page to get anywhere (wired and wifi). I spoke to someone in tech help last week and she went through some reset process and this has improved slightly.
I am also randomly having to reconnect and re-input my password to the router manually as the router seems to forget them?
About six months ago I had a replacement router for a different fault, I think the replacement was reconditioned as the wps button was damaged. These recent faults are only since I had the new router.
Thanks again
Margi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Margi,

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Heather as she is currently out of office today.

I'm really sorry to hear about the continued faults experienced with your connection.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

You can locate this by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos