Menu
MarklyDarkly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow in NN15 (Area 31)

Only getting 6 - 7 download here in NN15. Upload OK though.

Reset hub - no difference.

Anyone else in area slow?

Thank you

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow in NN15

Hi MarklyDarkly,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004741873). Our technicians are working to get this sorted and have set a review date of 5th April.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow in NN15 (Area 31)

Any update on this? Are you still having issues? I'm NN15 too, and I've just signed up to the 200Mb package. At night I'm only getting perhaps 16Mb-20Mb, and I'm getting quite big lag spikes. During the day I'm speeding along at 220Mbps.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wizen wrote:

Any update on this? Are you still having issues? I'm NN15 too, and I've just signed up to the 200Mb package. At night I'm only getting perhaps 16Mb-20Mb, and I'm getting quite big lag spikes. During the day I'm speeding along at 220Mbps.

That's normal over utilisation behaviour, the review date was set as 5th April, that's not a fix date, in many cases this date will be moved back so you may be waiting months/years.

You have a 14 day cooling off period from when your services are installed to leave so I would suggest seriously considering this.

Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

voicon wrote:

Wizen wrote:

That's normal over utilisation behaviour, the review date was set as 5th April, that's not a fix date, in many cases this date will be moved back so you may be waiting months/years.

You have a 14 day cooling off period from when your services are installed to leave so I would suggest seriously considering this.

speedtestresultdays.PNG

That's my results graph for the first 4 days of service. I am sure anyone can spot the evening slowdowns a mile off.

I'm going to see how bad it is this weekend, and if it doesn't improve I'm going to cancel and move back to BT. It's just a massive pain in the arse as I'm mid-way through porting my landline number across to Virgin, and BT are set to close my account within the next week or so.

0 Kudos
MarklyDarkly
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
tommey
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @MarklyDarkly, please please understand that what you have is simply a REVIEW DATE not a fix date, I have had 12 so called REVIEW dates since December 2014 and I am still waiting for a fix.

All you will be given on or the day after April 5th is yet another REVIEW DATE.

Best advice I can give you is to leave, if you are in contract but want to leave you are free to do so if you have a ongoing fault.

However if like me you have a huge amount of patience make sure you get a fault code and claim your compensation (Bill Credit) don't just continue paying full price.

Food for thought.

Just look below at how long I have been waiting for Virgin Media to fix my low speeds during peak times in my area.

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

Fault reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 - Changed to 05/15 -  Changed to 12/08/15 - Changed to 14/10/15 - Changed to 04/11/15 - Changed to 15/04/16 - Changed to 06/07/16 - Changed to 31/09/16 - Changed to 30/11/16 - Changed to 15/02/17 - Changed to 12/07/17 - Changed to 20/09/17 - Changed to 14/06/17 - Changed to 10/01/18 < 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST TICKET

However thanks to BT Fibre Broadband I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm in NN15. I have had congestion issues since joining 2 months ago, but it has improved quite a lot lately. About 3 weeks ago I got a message from one of the forum team saying they were looking at increasing the downstream channels in the area. The following day I went from 16 downstream channels to 24, and this made quite a big difference to my overall bandwidth at peak times. I then received a letter from VM saying that "upgrade work" was being carried out in my area on 29th March (NN15), and my TV and internet would be inoperable for the day. Sure enough, my TV and internet went down for around 6 hours. Since the upgrade work, I have noticed quite a big improvement, but I still get slowdowns to around 50Mbps perhaps once or twice a week. They must've been doing something substantial, because all my router stats have changed completely. My SNR now sits around 38.9 (previously 33 before the work) and my power on all the downstream channels has dropped to around -4 (previously 1~).

Here's a current "peak time" speed test:

0 Kudos
MarklyDarkly
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Wizen

Oddly, since I had a moan on Community yesterday it has shot up to 70. Even offer, now again I was getting 90+ occasionally last night. Odd - I'm only on 70!!

0 Kudos