Menu
Artis
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow evening/weekend speeds

Hello,

Been suffering from slow speeds for a long time.Moved in this address like 6 months ago and upgraded from 50Mbit to 100Mbit VIVID and hoped speed will improve in evenings or weekends but it didn't.

Average evening speed was around 5Mbit and 10Mbit during weekends....well. Engineer came to fix stuff but nothing much changed.

As Virgin was increasing prices lately was hoping to cancel my contract and end this nightmare but they told me off as new contract started when upgraded my package.So i downgraded back to 50Mbit as i didn't saw point to pay 45£ for service i'm not getting.

Anyways....they sent me new router and said things should be better now....obviously they are not!

Here's some speeds results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5768966159

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5766422030

Capture.PNG

Regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow evening/weekend speeds

So why didn't you leave when the prices went up again? Clearly you were allowed to and I think you just let VM talk you into not leaving. Any time the prices go up (for anything), you are allowed to leave the contract as it would not of been something you signed up to.

And when did you go from 50 to 100? And then back to 50?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
wafc18
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same for me reduced from 100mb to 50mb and still only get 300kbs in the evening no good for gaming and streaming online both together so i am going to BT get more internet speed and tv channels 100 + BT Sports and its saves me £5.00/month no brainer really.virgin media just keep putting prices up annually and get nothing in return. 12 years been a customer.

0 Kudos
Artis
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I phoned them up and explained i want to leave because increasing prices, they said i cannot leave as i've got contract still 11 months....

There was not much difference at evening between 50 and 100Mbit, so i downgraded back to 50 to save 15 pounds monthly

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's rubbish, you should of pushed to leave. It's clearly there that you can leave (unless you got on the new contract on the new prices already? In which case there would be no price rise for you?) and it's the perfect opportunity for many to leave.

Got to fight your corner for anything these days, cannot be complacent or expect companies to do things for loyalty (you are just a number), you have to fight / search around for what you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question