Menu
Daddymaccc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow evening speed Area 12

Why am I constantly getting no more than 7mb evening time on my 150mb package. It's not my equipment as I get 160mb first thing in the morning, but I dont need it in the morning, I need it in the evening.If there is an issue in the area, why no notification?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow evening speed Area 12

Hi Daddymaccc,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004365718). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 5th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Daddymaccc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

5th of April? Is this just a fob off and the date moves forward another 3 months like customers in other areas are suffering.I think no fault, just over subscribed and deliberate throttling.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daddymacc,

Thanks for getting back to us.

During this time our engineers will improve bandwidth which can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. Nearer the review date they will assess the issue and if there has been an improvement the fault will be closed, or the engineers will continue with additional work.

I can imagine how frustrating this must be and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daddymaccc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

5th April come and gone, no contact, no info no improvement in over four months now. 4 meg just measured of supposed 150. Total Joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Daddymaccc,

Good to hear from you, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the on-going connection problems you're experiencing caused by the fault in your area, I appreciate your frustrations.

I'm sorry to report that the fault is still active and is being reviewed again on the 28th June.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Daddymaccc
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Totally unsatisfactory and typical of many others problems on here. Dates put back by months all over the place.

0 Kudos
chrisclemson
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have had slow speed in the evenings since December 2016, just tried calling Virgin, they tried a few settings on the router and told me to try it again in 2 or 3 hours. Just got 6.61 Mbps instead of the 70 Mbps I pay for, so no change except that just before the speed went down my bill went up. Less for more! 

0 Kudos
AnyonebutVM
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've finally found a solution to my over utilisation fault. After 18 months of false promises and 2mbps on my 50mb contract, I moved to BT fibre. I've had consistent 50mbps since, all day, every day. It's fantastic. I considered Sky but a neighbour said they weren't great in our area (Virgin Area 20).

My only regret is not leaving sooner. My broadband stress has disappeared overnight.

Don't believe the false review dates and don't settle for 20% discounts on your bill. If you are suffering from over utilisation, leave now. I just feel sorry for those who don't have an alternative to virgin, they are really struggling to deliver at the moment. I think they gave all their development budget to Usain Bolt!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisclemson,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos