Menu
GaryBoulton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speeds

Hi,

i posted recently about poor on demandvservice but it looks like the speed of my broadband may be the issue. I am paying for up to 200 but having tested speed atball times of thevday and evening I am getting around 50 quite consistently with upload between 10 and 12.

Does anyone know why I cant get anywhere near the advertised speed of 200, i have my superhub connected by ethernet to the V6 box and its exactly as set up by the engineer when installed in January?

why

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speeds

Hello there GaryBoulton,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent connection problems. I've taken a look and everything looks normal. Can I ask if you're using a wireless or hard-wired speed when you're performing speed tests? Do you notice if the speed changes at certain times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GaryBoulton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
My V6 bix is connected to the superhub with an ethernet cable and i am testing the speed from my ipad. The speed is constantly at 50 at all times of the day and all times at weekends.
Thanks x
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us GaryBoulton,

If using an iPad to perform this check, it sounds as though you're currently using a WiFi connection and is causing the bother experienced.

It's worth knowing that you can change your wireless settings, in order to improve this type of connection.

If you have further concerns, could you complete a hardwired test for us if possible? This can be completed via Ethernet, from SuperHub to a laptop/computer.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos