Menu
Morse2010
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speeds

Hi, I have a 100Mbps package but I am usually only getting between 10-20 Mbps on weekends and ~2Mbps in the evenings. This is with a wired connection.

I have contacted Virgin customer service about this and I have recieved the fault reference number F003402163. I am guessing that my area is oversubscribed. Could I get some more information about this fault? When is it likely to be fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speeds

Evening Morse2010,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area and our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth.

The review date is showing as 8th February 2017 and due to the work that is required this is subject to change. The upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morse2010
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

My broadband speed still has not improved. Can you please confirm when this work is to be completed? At this rate, we could probably switch to the cheapest broadband package available on the market and still get the same speeds but at a fraction of the cost.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Morse2010,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your connection.

I can see that the fault in your area is still on-going and is being reviewed on the 5th April. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Morse2010
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I am now getting speeds of around 100 Mbps at all times of day. The fault seems to be fixed!

Many thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos