Menu
iann
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speed in the evenings - SK4

I'm on up to 50MB, I think. Have been since the upgrade about a year ago. I didn't notice any problems until about a month. Then occasionally things would slow down in the evenings, maybe to about half speed. The upload speed always seemed to be fine even when downloads are slow. It has got much worse in the last 10 days or so. Tonight the download speed measured below 10MB/s and just regular browsing became quite poor.
0 Kudos
johncoram71
Joining in
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speed in the evenings - SK4

Im experiencing the same issue in the SK2 area, speed ranges from 50mb+ to around 5-10mb in the evenings. 

Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi iann,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the slow speed problems, I've run a few checks on your connection and reports indicate that your network segment is currently suffering from periods of high utilisation, particularly at peak times, which is going to cause the drop off in download speeds.

I've raised to our network teams to investigate adding capacity to the area.

Please check back in with us periodically and we will update you as soon as we have any further information.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi johncorran71,

Welcome tot he forums, though again really sorry to hear you're also experiencing peak time slow speed issues.

Although on different cable and network segment to iann your cable is also suffering the same problems with high peak time traffic slowing things down, I've again raised this with networks as extra capacity will need to be added.

If you check back with us in a day or two we should have reference from networks in respect of this.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
johncoram71
Joining in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

John
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for the bump, networks have raised this on ref. F003486272 with upgrades to the local network infrastructure to improve capacity estimated for around April/May at present.

Apologies for the delays, if you continue to bump us here every now and then we'll gladly check for any news.

Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
johncoram71
Joining in
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Any more news on this? April/May is quite a long way off! It's disappointing that we're not getting the speed we should be getting for the price we pay!

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi johncoram71,

I'm afraid there appears to be no further news since Ralph's update.

We would expect to see a little more information nearer the time.

Kev

0 Kudos
johncoram71
Joining in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Any further news regarding this?
0 Kudos
garyboozy
Tuning in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

SK14 here (Area 20). Been fairly poor in the evenings for a while now. Tonight is particularly crappy.

Is this the same area as SK4 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos