Menu
djheaps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow download, high packet loss and latency in East London

Based in London E11.
Experiencing extremely slow download speeds. On a 200Mb/s package but only get 5-6Mb/s download. Upload speeds is OK.

ScreenHunter_28 Mar. 22 16.28.jpg

BQM shows 15-20% dropped packets consistently from just before 10.00am this morning.

ScreenHunter_29 Mar. 22 16.32.jpg

I went to check virginmedia status page to see if any known errors but the status page is also down!

Anybody know if this is a known problem or if I need to subject myself to the misery of a call to Virgin Customer Service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download, high packet loss and latency in East London

Hi djheaps,

So sorry we weren't able to reach your post sooner.

Your Hub is currently showing as 'online' with no timeouts or other errors. I've checked our historical data and, though am able to find a fault relating to offline modems I'm not able to locate any faults linked to your reported slow speed and packet loss.

All faults are showing as fixed now anyway. So if this is still a problem for you we'll need to investigate.

Please post an update and we'll get back to you if needed Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
djheaps
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jen.
After digging a round a bit more I found an anomaly in the Downstream channel status - Channel DS-8 was showing an RxMER value of 0.0dB. 
This went away after rebooting the Superhub and I was able to get download speeds up to around 90Mb/s but couldn't get back to the 200Mb/s.

I've just rebooted the Superhub again and I'm now getting the expected speeds :-)

ST1.png

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey djheaps,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Great to see such a quick download speed!

I appreciate you keeping us up to date, let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos