Menu
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow down over the past month BA14 area

I've had virgin broadband for about the last 12 or 13 years, and generally since moving (10 years ago) we've gotten close to the speed that is on our package when ever I've checked, normally in the evening when the load is higher so have been happy with that.

A few weeks ago we got a "free" upgrade from 100mgb to 150mgb and we have slowed down.

The past week it has been noticeable the time taken to load some pages, so on Saturday I ran a few speed tests (several different sites to get an fairer view) and it returned a download of between 25-33mgb. and an upload of 6-8mgb. Re ran it just now and its still between 30-42mgb download and 6-8mgb upload.

So I've got 50% greater potential delivering 50% slower, wonderful.

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow down over the past month BA14 area

Just ran a couple of speed tests this morning, varying between 45 and 70 downloading and 6-7 uploading, still lower than before I was upgraded. 

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just re ran again (22:45 so you'd think it would be quick), 22.5 - 45 mgb download again. remind me again why I'm paying through the nose for this service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig1010cc, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems your upstream power levels are too high, which may be the cause of the issue. I would like to get an engineer out to get this corrected for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer out today, new modem and splitter, now showing 160 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig1010cc, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see things are looking better now.

If you need us to take a look at anything else in future we will always be happy to take a look. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

well that lasted long, started to slow up yesterday afternoon (4pm, dropped to 70), and just ran it and now crawling along at 20-25!

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and it gets worse, between 3 and 12 at the minute, I know that there is a lot of demand on a saturday evening, but that is really taking the p*ss

0 Kudos
craig1010cc
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and just ran it, 8-20MB depending on the site, useless

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig1010cc, 

Thanks for keeping in touch I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you having trouble on a wired or a wireless connection? 

If wireless try wired. Pop the Hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if it makes a difference. 

It may also help to see a BQM (please be aware that link is external and we're not responsible for its contents).

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos