Menu
Topher1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband

Hi im wondering if there is an issue in tge Stockton on Tees area with slow speeds ?? I pay for upto 200mbs and the most ive ever got is 80something, i have tested speed at different times of the day , sometimes its much slower! Surely I shouldnt be getting speeds that are less than half of what im paying for!
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

It'll take around 1-2 weeks for a member of virgin staff to look at this, but in the meantime.

Are these speeds wired or via Wifi and if via Wifi What speeds do you get wired ?

May also be worth posting your router stats. go to 192.168.0.1 don't log in but click on the link to your router status and post the info here, hiding anything that may show your Wan ip address.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Topher1978,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with SNR (signal to noise ratio) on the network in your area - (F005151411). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 16th March.

I'll check back with you on the review date to see if there's any change.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Topher1978,

I've checked the network and the network fault has been rectified.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can still see issues with your hub's Channel SNR that will need to be adjusted. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos