Menu
Jesty87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband yet again

Hi, I have been a customer now in area 30 since mid November. I am paying for vivid 200 Internet yet am regularly getting speeds of only around 10mbps which is getting very frustrating. This is never fixed when resetting the equipment, and running a diagnosis through my Virgin media account shows no faults. I am checking the speeds with the suggested speedtest.net and I understand that at peak times it may drop. However, a drop to this speed seems rather extreme as I am receiving less than 10% of the speed I'm paying for and the time is nearly 10:30 pm which is hardly peak times.... Any help would be greatly received as I came here from sky for better Internet and am receiving a much worse service and don't know how to proceed from here

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband yet again

10:30pm is pretty peak times Smiley Tongue

Most peak spikes happen around 9-11pm.

Peak times (out of holidays/weekends) are 'roughly' 3-midnight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Jesty87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough about the time, but to be dropping from around 180 mbps to as low as 7.2 seems a very heavy drop still. My service dropping to around 5% performance. This is a drop that has been experienced at times around 10 am too. The above example was the last one to occur and was therefore the given example. Maybe in future I should pay my bill during peak times and offer around 5% of that and see if anything changes 😁
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jesty87,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked the account and the network team has picked up an SNR issue in your area that is affecting your services. The technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible and have set a review date of 13th January.

Once the network fault has cleared, I'll run a diagnostic on your equipment to make sure everything is OK.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Jesty87
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your feedback I appreciate it. 😀
0 Kudos