Menu
rewilliams
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband speeds - croydon

Basically paying £50 a month for 1 MB broadband.  Technician response time is around 2 weeks.  I was told there has been a problem since December although when I spoke to customer care the basically told me I was lying.  I re-called technical and confirm that there has been a problem since Decemeber 2016 and will continue until 8th March!   

I cannot believe this is legal to hide what is going on, call a customer a liar and basically do nothing to help.

The known issue is: UTILISATION  REF:F006822712

I want a refund for my 3 months and the service for what I paid for.

Virgin media customer care you have stolen from your customers, and refuse to help or acknowledge the issue.

Can you someone in virgin please be accountable.  Else I will be leaving as I can ill afford to be robbed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speeds - croydon

Hello rewilliams,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear how an area fault is affecting you, I know it's really inconvenient.

I've just checked your notes and I can see you called in and spoke with a colleague of mine on the 24th and she has applied a credit to your account to cover the fault until it's reviewed.

Please keep in touch with us for progress updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
achilles8
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem for the last month too, I get speeds of 0.2 Mbps and slower every evening. I have called virgin support multiple times and was told that this would be fixed with a "systems" upgrade on the 8th of March. This date has come and gone and there is no improvement in service. 

I am tempted to stuff virgin and try BT fibre.  

0 Kudos
achilles8
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Capture.PNG

Speedtests show how everything was fine until the end of last year when I used to get above 100 Mb/s regularly (am on vivid 200).  But speeds have been terrible since the beginning of February during the evening (when we use it the most) and has pretty much made it unusable.  

0 Kudos