Menu
kamakazi999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband speed 20-30MB

Hi, I am currently paying for 200MB and have done multiple tests over multiple days and am only getting on average 20-30MB and sometimes it does hit 70MB.

I currently have a Superhub 3, but these speeds are shocking. When I had the Superhub installed, my speeds were 200MB, but over the last couple of months they have dropped considerably.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speed 20-30MB

Hi kamakazi999,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004998600). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 7th June 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please be aware that it is only a review date and not a FIX date.. You have many many more months of worthless internet to come.

0 Kudos
kamakazi999
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry, but that response is not good enough. I have been experiencing these speed issues for a few months now. Ran a few more tests this morning and the most I am getting is 90MB, which is completely unacceptable as I am paying for 200MB! And you have said there is a fault in my area.

What does a review date mean? I would like to know when it will be resolved, not when it will be reviewed as to be honest June is a joke. Should I stop paying my bill until June, I am sure VM would have something to say about that!

Can you let me know when it will be resolved and not when it will be reviewed?

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vm dont give fix dates and only review dates.. First 6 months of review dates they do NOTHING and see if the network somehow fixes itself, then they will actually plan what is needed (6 more months) then a couple more months before actually doing it and call that part fund raising... 5-10 review dates is pretty average, 2+ years of them is not unheard of.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey kamakazi999,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us Smiley Happy

I know this area fault in frustrating and if I had any other info I would inform you. We get updated when the fault ticket is reviewed. We're unable to provide fix dates as there's so much required to resolve these faults, which can cause delays beyond our control.

Please keep in touch with us and we will do all we can to help.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kamakazi999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have an idea, as you know there is a fault in the area and can't give me a fix date due to the fact that there is so much to do to resolve these faults. How about you reduce my bill to what I would pay for 50mb broadband until VM resolve this fault because that is all I am getting.

I am assuming that this is within your control?

And frustrating is an understatement, if I pay for 200mb, I expect 200mb....I can understand busier times this speed could fluctuate, but most of the time I should get the speed I am paying for.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kamakazi999,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault in your area, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Look forward to hearing from you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos