Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6 (130 Views)

Slow broadband back

Hi..

For the past few weeks I've been monitoring my broadband speed after 5pm and it averages at around 5-10 meg and I pay for 200m.

Could someone on the team please send a technician round to try and sort it...I can understand that it is under load at peak times but i'm not going to accept a 95% drop in speed.

Until it gets sorted I think it's only right to pay 5% of my bill.

Looking forward to sorting this A.S.A.P

Thanks.

Daz.

Joining in
Message 2 of 6 (118 Views)

Re: Slow broadband back

[ Edited ]

Was planning to upgrade to 200mb , but if these problems with lag and spikes persist like it has been for weeks now there's no point paying more for something you dont get . We need a stable connection here , decent WIFI and and an average upload speed ( the hell we're paying for here ? ) 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6 (101 Views)

Hi...
Dya fancy buying my Ferrari??
Its suppose to do 200mph but for some reason it wont do more than 6mph.
It dosent matter though because its still a Ferrari:/
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6 (92 Views)

Another speed test.

8:40pm...

0.67 meg!!!

Reminds me of the good old days......

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)

Yeah ... I've got a Ferrari just like that. It'll do 200mph no problem, but only when it's in the garage whilst I'm at work or asleep. It's the coolest car I've never driven ... 🚗

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)

Evening Daz188,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at -8 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004758877 and has a review date of 12th April.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos