Menu
renochew
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband at peak hour

Hi, I am on 100 vivid for a year, I am quite satisfy with the speed most of the time, but since December last year, the connection speed became very slow during peak hour, I thought it was only temporary thing so didn't really complain about it, but its been for a few months now, everyday I got less then 1/10 of the advertised speed during night time. I am extremely frustrated since I can't even watch a youtube video probably.

I try to find a email address to file complain but can't find one. Calling the hotline end up wasting my time waiting. 

Any suggestion?

Area 21 Ealing2017-03-01_22h13_58.png

0 Kudos
stecartwright8
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband at peak hour

Phone 150 from virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 press 1, then enter phone number  or acc number, then press 4, then press 5. This will put you through to a UK department that I have found the most useful. The only downside is I think they shut at 8pm most days. 

Here is a link to the complaints procedure

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband at peak hour

Hello renochew,

Thanks for joining the community, great to have you on board Smiley Happy

Really sorry to see that you're getting slow speeds, I know this is frustrating.

I can also see that we've got a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours (evenings and weekends). The fault ref is: F004915619 and it's due for review on the 12th April. If you could bump this thread on or after the review date, we will happily check the fault ticket again and let you know of any progress or changes.

I appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos