Menu
davey3105
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband area 25

I have been sent here by virgin media as they cannot seem to rectify the problem any further l, I currently have 200Mbps broadband although I don't appear to be achieving speeds over 60 I carry out broadband tests each day wireless I seem to be achieving 20-40mbps wired I get speeds anything up to hundred I've checked the area for any issues followed the Wi-Fi tips exactly however no improvements any help will be greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband area 25

Hey davey3105,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting at the moment.

I've tried to check your connection but your Hub is currently 'non contactable' so I'm unable to test it.

I'll need to arrange for an engineer to call around to look into this further.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm a visit.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm area 25 np19 a new sh3 installed paying for 150meg Bb get Les then 10meg over wifi
0 Kudos
davey3105
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I think it's nothing more than a con from virgin media, I have continuously complained to virgin media except they refuse to do anything about it, I had an engineer over and he said there maybe an issue with the area cable but they haven't done anyythibf with it.
Make sure your testing on a supply and not the wifi as the speeds Vary a lot between the two
0 Kudos
jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers davey I don't use hard wired mate I only use wifi only and its deteriorated recently to poor poor speeds , I've ranged from 137 meg to 10 meg
0 Kudos
davey3105
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was the same finding a lot of buffering etc so I ended up moving my broadband and hard wiring my smart tv and PlayStation, I found a big improvement by doing that
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimmyp, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I noticed that you're only locking onto one upstream channel correctly, an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'l ensure this gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

jimmyp
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've replied Adam
0 Kudos