Menu
Lorraine_R
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband. Moved to Virgin last friday and regretting it already

I've just moved to Virgin Media after being promised broadband with 200Mbps download and 30Mbps upload.  

Have run speedtest several times a day and struggling to get above 20Mbps download and 8Mbps upload. 

I would raise it as a fault but online chat is constantly unavailable and Virgin botched my phone install and are making me wait 2 weeks without a landline before they can get an engineer out. I suppose i could call from my mobile but, after more than 5 hours on the phone to Virgin over the weekend trying to get my services activated, I don't think I could take any more.

Can anyone offer some advice to save me having to go through the torture that is Virgin telephone tech support again?

0 Kudos
Lorraine_R
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband. Moved to Virgin last friday and regretting it already

forgot to add... Tried connecting laptop (with Gigabit NIC) directly to router via Ethernet cable - same slow result.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband. Moved to Virgin last friday and regretting it already

Hi Lorraine_R,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004537534). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 8th February 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos