Menu
fran1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband Burnley

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5900385773.png

Latest speed result above. Im on 150mb and achieve this in the morning?

Recently advised that my PC was at fault by tech at virgin. I had even connected a different laptop and got the same results however as they could not connect to it remotely then would not take my word for it. I even reinstalled windows but still getting poor speeds in the evening

If there is a problem in my area then please tell me what it is? just seen 1 issue posted in your area but what? is there too much traffic?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BuZ94
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow broadband Burnley

All Replies
BuZ94
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

fran1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks i checked the other posts and it looks like over subscription in our area. I spoke with 3 different technicians who basically wrote off my PC because when they remotely accessed it the cpu usage went up to 85% and they said that there were too many processes running. I almost scrapped it until i checked on another laptop. They even told me that my ethernet cable was slow even though i bought a high speed cable. So far i have reformatted my PC and bought cat 7 ethernet cables. I get the full 150mb before 3p.m. but only average around 3 to 4 mb in the evening. I noticed that there is 1 issue in this area with a fix date of the 23rd December. We'll have to wait and see. Ive been with Virgin Media over 10 years and never thought about finding another provider until now. Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Prof72
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this? I am in the BB12 area too and have had consistent 3-8MBit connections for over two weeks. If I get lucky I might get 1 hour of speeds over 50MBit. Quite literally pulling my hair out over this as I do not want to go back to ADSL as I could never get speeds over 30MBit.

0 Kudos
fran1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear your having problems. Mine appears to be OK now but I have noticed VM working in the area so hopefully yours will be fixed soon.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello fran1234

I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the slow speeds. We do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment I am afraid. We are already aware of it ref F004980481 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 07 JUN 2017. Please accept our apologies and will respond shortly to your private message to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
fran1234
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Nicolas. Will I get a loss of service discount until this is resolved?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning fran1234,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that my colleague Nicola has sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) in regards to this issue.

For further information by all means give us a ring on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MathewI
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have been receiving an ever increasingly reduced service from Virgin since the 100mb upgrade (for all) from 50mb. You have yet again moved the goalposts further down the road to September. Will this ever be fixed? You have missed THREE deadlines already this year.

I'm currently receiving 6mb/s on my 100mb/s internet, 6% of what I should be and I get this 60% of the day. 

From the other posts i've read on here I'm definitely not the only one, you are either throttling my internet or your hardware in trash. Considering a very nice engineer came out to check my hardware and said everything is ok and there weren't any problems on my line.

I have however found out that new subscribers are not being throttled in Burnley (from several new subscript'ees) I find this appalling, treating your pre-existing customers with this level of contempt. Please unthrottle my connection at peak times (to the same level as your new customers) or I will be contacting your cancellation department. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this MathewI,

I've checked everything from this end for you and I can see that you've since spoken with the team regarding this yesterday.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to let us know if we can assist further from this end for you,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos