Menu
AlecSWhite
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow and inconsistent internet in area 20

Since about a week before Christmas i noticed a drop in the average speed of the internet and the connection became a lot more reliable. I've been getting speeds of as low a 1mbs and then ping while playing online games as high as 3000ms. Every time i get these speeds i check the Server Status page and occasionally there is a defect in the area and when there isn't i use the "Sign In" option to try fix the speeds. Every time i use this there is a problem and to reset my equipment in 10 minuets and after carrying out the resets the internet is still very inconsistent. 

Bellow are links to the screens shots of my Upstream, Downstream and Network Log

https://gyazo.com/13e2c84efba8124d06eb81f55913615e

https://gyazo.com/f7cdc190e873b523f8e68a478a8fba66

https://gyazo.com/37cbda35f791534a11e33553b76e24f2

Anyone out there having the same problems or know how to fix it? 

0 Kudos
AlecSWhite
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow and inconsistent internet in area 20 (Re-post as Virgin don't fancy replying)

Since about a week before Christmas i noticed a drop in the average speed of the internet and the connection became a lot more reliable. I've been getting speeds of as low a 1mbs and then ping while playing online games as high as 3000ms. Every time i get these speeds i check the Server Status page and occasionally there is a defect in the area and when there isn't i use the "Sign In" option to try fix the speeds. Every time i use this there is a problem and to reset my equipment in 10 minuets and after carrying out the resets the internet is still very inconsistent. 

I eventually managed to get hold of someone on the live chat feature and they managed to fix the speed for 3 days then the internet was back to normal 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and inconsistent internet in area 20

Hi AlecSWhite,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

On the downstream stats you posted, it was showing you were locked onto 6 channels, however after testing you are now locked onto 8, which is good. I did see that there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004196539 and has a review date of 4th October.

As this will impact your connection during peak hours, do you notice these speeds/high pings at all times of the day?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlecSWhite
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Review date meaning it not going to be fix until then?

The speed is better through the day but still not what i should be getting. Did a speed test when getting in from work and i got a download of 0.32 mbs. 

I am testing via a cable. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this AlecSWhite,

The review is purely a date for our teams to determine if further work is required, etc.

The resolve for this may come before or after this period and we are unable to predict this unfortunately.

The date for review still remains as 04/10/2017 at the moment.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more as there also appears to be an issue present concerning the equipment SNR.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us about this AlecSWhite,

The review is purely a date for our teams to determine if further work is required, etc.

The resolve for this may come before or after this period and we are unable to predict this unfortunately.

The date for review still remains as 04/10/2017 at the moment.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more as there also appears to be an issue present concerning the equipment SNR.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Is this for REAL....9 MONTHS between reviews now?? January 31st, and review (yes, REVIEW) October???

Seriously, VM cannot in any way justify this.... 

SHOCKING, JUST SHOCKING!!!!!

0 Kudos
HWSmith
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same problems in the same area code. Throughout the whole of today I've had a maximum of 3Mbps download speed with 10-20% packet loss to a lot of game servers, so it is completely unusable 

0 Kudos
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's now beyond a joke in Area 20.  Wasn't even getting 1Mb download last night and I'm on the Vivid 200Mb.  Regardless or not of peak time a 200th of the service is completely unacceptable.

My companies year end last night and I couldn't even VPN in to my work.  

What is Virgin's strategy and timetable to deal with these problems in Area 20?  And if there is a wait associated how do I go about being refunded for a consistently poor service?

0 Kudos
Raza21_84
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I joined up in October 2016 Area 20. I was on BT INFINITY 76mb before. Changed because of the price hike. Should have just stayed with BT and got infinity 1. No matter what time of day bt was so consistent max speed. After I suffered from VM utilisation issues right from the start. I was told it would be sorted in Jan 2016. I recently upgraded to 200mb gamer because its unrestricted. No utilisation. I was wrong. Still the same just upload speed is better. After 24hrs I reverted back to my old package. Got refunded for poor service but Iittle did I know, I had to go on another 12 months contract.
0 Kudos