Menu
Flipperfeet123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Wired Speed

Hi All

I seem to be getting really low speeds on my Wired connection. I have been only getting around 5/6mpbs which is annoying when i'm paying for 100mb. Any Ideas?

I'm on Super Hub 1.0.

Attached are some pics of Downsteam/Upsteam and a speedtest

DownsteamDownsteamStatusStatusUpsteamUpsteam

Mod Edit:You are receiving this message because an image you uploaded to the forum has been rejected in our approval process due to it containing personal information (your WAN IP address). Please feel free to edit the image and upload it again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Wired Speed

As you are on a superhub1 some general superhub1 questions. Is it in router or modem mode? If its in router mode, have you rebooted it recently, the superhub1 has a known error that causes its connections to get worse over time in router mode. A daily reboot should suffice to flush it out. Also modem mode does remove this.

Are the low speeds all the time or only in late afternoon/evenings?

This is aside from the obviously 'slightly' too high power levels which will need an engineer to come correct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Flipperfeet123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Most of the time it's in the evening when I notice, due to work and children I don't really notice or see it during the day.

The router is currently in normal mode (not modem), and it had been reset around 1hr before the screenshots where taken.

is it worth asking an engineer to come out? I have also just recently upgraded to 100mps from 50mps would this make a difference at all (but was happening before with 50mps, so probes not)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flipperfeet123,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and our network technicians have picked up an issue in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F003883122). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

The review date for this work is set for 8th February 2017.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos