Menu
LegitSlow
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds

I'm trying the forums as I've been told it is more helpful than phoning. I've lost count the number of times I've called 150 to find the fault, and every time has been a different problem or another. I feel bad for the last time as I screamed down the phone with the frustrations pent up over months of poor service and then realised the operators can't solve the issues themselves - all they have done is relay information as to what the problem is. And so the latest issue is that there is simply too much traffic on Virgin's network in my area.

Since April, broadband speeds have been extremely slow, usually during the evenings (7pm-12am) sometimes to the point where I can't even load up Google. This trend has been consistent and speeds would drop more often than not. 

Quite frankly, I am beyond sick of the nightly slow speeds to the point where even the discount on the next month's bill doesn't feel adequate enough of compensation. What, if anything, is being done to solve this problem? 

0 Kudos
LegitSlow
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds

Still getting slow speeds in the evenings since the last post. Currently at 1.5-2.1Mb/s. This is beyond ridiculous

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LegitSlow

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003566129 and with a review date of 19th October.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LegitSlow
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is now November and the problem still has not been fixed. Still slow in the evenings.

0 Kudos