Menu
Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds, unusable

Hello,

Since November I have been experiencing extremely low download speeds to the point I can barely load an image up on my phone on wireless, the wired connection to my pc is just as bad, getting around 20 mbs download no matter what time of the day and judging by all the posts on here I am clearly not the only one having the same issues.

I have had an engineer shortly after getting the Vivid Gamer package as the modem that I had paid for didn't work, to be told there was "a fault in the line" and nothing they could do for a few months (My gf was in at the time speaking to them as I was in work) We then rang one of your team later that night and asked for my old modem to be reactivated as clearly the guy was talking crap as the modem and internet was working perfectly fine until we installed the newer one, lo and behold worked perfectly which they then sent out another engineer to install our current 3.0 hub.

There has been alot of downtime where it's either cut out once during a live PPV which I had paid to watch for the internet to completely cut out and miss 80% of it so again that's even more money lost out due to **bleep** connection.

Paying £50 for a connection that doesn't work and clearly isn't working across the UK...

0 Kudos
Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds, unusable

So tried contacting a few times via phone and finally got to speak to someone briefly on the web chat, after explaining that the connection is wired and is a fresh install of windows and proceeded to request remote access to the pc to check that it's nothing blocking the connection, before I even got to respond the internet went completely down for over 30 mins and has only just came back online.

Once again, getting zero help and zero answers, it's getting to the point I am going to cancel the direct debit due to the fact I am not being provided anywhere near the speed I am paying extortionate prices for as it is when I'm not even getting a quarter of the speed I am meant to be getting, infact the upload speed at times is higher than the download! 

test1.jpg259640816

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds, unusable

Hi there Kicks88,

Sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced.

I've had a look into this and I have detected some inconsistencies with the equipment levels that I'd like for an engineer to take a further look at.

I've checked the network segment and there is no sign of any faults present on that side of things, therefore, nothing should interfere with any arranged appointments made.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get you booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos