Menu
Redundant
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds in Evening

Hello.

I seem to be getting painstakingly slow speeds in the evenings.  I should have 200mb but the speed drops down to sub 10mb in the evening preventing me doing a lot of things.  I'm in area 25 I was wondering if there is a fault with my modem that the online check couldn't find?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Redundant
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds in Evening

Again regular like clockwork, around 6pm.  Internet speed plummets down to below 20mb and lower.  I'm really worried this is a case of Virgin Media over subscribing my area.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 25 and have exactly the same issue, I was trying to chat with someone to get an update on my fault report but the one time I got through it failed to connect.

I really don't want to call them!

0 Kudos
Redundant
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can we please get a response to the internet dropping down to slow speeds in the evening?  Whether its a technical fault?  Over subscribing in our area?  It would be nice to know the cause of these slow speeds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Redundant,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. 

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

Looking at the network, it appears that you are affected by high peak time traffic in your area with reference number F005071526.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos