Menu
dfurdog
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds in Area 22 (Aylesbury)

I have been getting very slow speeds on my virgin cable broadband, down to 5mbps,...should be up to 100mbps! rebooted everything snd also connected to the router with a cat 5 cable, same problem.

Service checker reports nothing amiss and  Virgin's broadband test page does not work, as usual........

using a macbook, not Windows 10!

Ianp72
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds in Area 22 (Aylesbury)

I am also getting slow speeds in area 22 (Aylesbury) 3/5mpbs should be on 50 mpbs tried everything rebooted and change cable from router to laptop still same
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds in Area 22 (Aylesbury)

Hi dfurdog, 

Thanks for the post to let us know that you're experiencing some slow speeds issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F004121828 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the end of March.

Thanks for your patience with this matter, one of my colleagues will be along with some more information.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos