Menu
ristac
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds NN2 Northampton

I have been suffering low connection speeds for a few days now 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3801641318

I have installed and ran the Virgin Media Digital Home Support and it informs me everything is fine.

I am connected by Ethernet and in the past I have seen figures in the high 90's and I have not changed anything.

0 Kudos
ristac
Joining in
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds NN2 Northampton

Just tested it again today and back to normal, 118.24Mb so unsure if this has been fixed because of my post here or if there was a problem in the area http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3803050786

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi ristac,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the recent connection problems, checking your connection I can see that was an SNR (noise ingress) problem on your cable which may have been the issue here, this looks to have settled down again now, so hopefully better speed have returned.

keep us posted if you continue to experience problems and we'll happily check on things again.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ristac
Joining in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

The problem has returned, it did yesterday too. I was going to report it this morning but this morning things were fine, then tonight the slow speeds have returned.

If someone could look into this and advise why it is an error that keeps returning it would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Balera
Joining in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in the same area and the speeds tonight are awful. We've been having this problem on and off for the last few weeks. I did a speed test tonight and was getting less that 20mb/s download and less than 1mb/s upload! Should be up to 120mb!!!

0 Kudos
ristac
Joining in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I am so glad it isn't just me Balera for the amount we pay it is awful, I find the adverts that we are going to have our speeds upgraded for free a bit of an insult, just a constant steady service would suit me.
0 Kudos
ristac
Joining in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

This morning at 11.00am I knew my connection was back to normal and a test confirmed speeds right up near the 120Mb.

This evening I have just come back online and I knew the way I was having to reload pages that something was wrong again, sure enough speeds back down around the 20Mb mark.

This is sickening VM if we are going to only receive a decent service for half a day what about halving our bills? I also don't understand why replies from a staff member take so long to receive a reply? Yes I could call your off shore call centre but I cannot go through the pain of someone reading through a script, getting me to reboot my PC and telling me after 10 minutes I need a technician....

0 Kudos
Balera
Joining in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree it's terrible tonight!

Speed test shows 13.67mb/s download and 0.35mb/s upload!! This is madness!

Please please can someone help us to sort it out!!!

0 Kudos
ristac
Joining in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

So slow this evening (Friday) and I can't even perform the simplest of tasks, once again it was flying up until around 3pm 

0 Kudos
stavster
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Same for me too. This isnt an SNR problem. For the last few weeks speeds have been abysmal from 3pm onwards. Download speed 30 - 40 meg

If I do the same speedtest or test downloading a file early in the morning I get the full 120 meg+

Please confirm there is a bandwidth issue in our area and when this will be resolved. My postcode is LE16 [Removed address details]

Thanks

Ross

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
0 Kudos