Menu
PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds NG17

Greetings VM, 

As the subject suggests i am in the NG17 area and currently every night at around 6PM my ping starts to climb the download speed drops to around 5mbps (should be 60) but i have seen it as low as 0.50 and the upload goes from the usual 4 mbps to 1.

By around 7PM every other packet is 100+ which makes gaming extremely difficult.

It works fine most of the day until around this time i am using a cable connection not wireless and have re-booted the router but the issue persists.

Could you tell me if there is a problem with utilisation in my area please?

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds NG17

i am in ng17 area too dude.100mb line and gaming is crap.20minute walk to tesco and back home is better performance. than 20 mins on battlefield 1.this is what will happen someone will come a long from virgin and say iv checked you line and everthing seems or looks ok then it be can you post you router stats and before you no it you be doing the job of the engineer.lol

0 Kudos
PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing on this Virgin?

Supposed to be 60mb even with throttle that is ridiculous. 

Note that is your own speedtest server.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi PerfectChaos,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that your are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004019927 and with a review date of 25th January 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

By review date do you mean nothing will happen until that date or something will happen in between now and that date?

0 Kudos
PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Greetings VM

A few things i would like to raise further on this.

1. the credit i was promised for the 2 MONTHS my connection has been unusable in peak times has not been applied to my account so i am not happy

2. i have checked the status of my service on the service checker to check the date i was promised a fix both on here and by phone to your technical support/customer service departments is still in effect and found under broadband NO ISSUES in my area? it's been down to 5 mbps on a 60 mb line for 2 MONTHS now.

Could you provide a suitable explanation please? as this point i am close to moving to BT which is a 25 MB service but at least they can guarantee speeds and not use an "overutilised" area for every speed issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello PerfectChaos,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to see that you're still being affected by a fault in your area, I've checked on this and I can see the next review will happen on the 22nd Feb.

The reason you won't see this fault in the service status page is because it's cable specific and the service status page can only report on faults that affect the entire postal area.

As for the loss of service, I'll pass this over to my colleague to find out what is happening with your credit.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PerfectChaos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response,

So it has been moved back another MONTH?

I am pretty sure by this point there is NO intention to have the issue fixed rather mess people around with promises of fixes and credits then simply move the "review date" back another month.

I will be in touch when the credit goes through.

0 Kudos
Web-Junkie
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I assume that fault affects EVERYONE in NG17 area as I'm in NG17 too and have suffered slow speeds since before Christmas! Current speed tests wildly fluctuate with some reporting between 15 to 60mbps on a connection I pay just over £40 for 150mbps, so will we all be compensated for not getting what we pay for?

0 Kudos
pisteuomen
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not just NG17 - I'm in NG16 and for the past couple of weeks, my speeds (which can be up to 220mbit in the daytime) drop to around 6mbit in the evening (just ran a quick speedtest which returned download speeds of 6.66 - how very apt if you happen to be the religious type!)  All that I'm told when I ring up in 'There is high peak traffic in your area.'  Really?  So for 5 1/2 years, it's been fine and the speed has never ever wavered.  Now, all of a sudden, I lose 214 of my 220mbit connection.  That's some mighty hefty high peak traffic!  Is every VM user in the country being routed through Nottinghamshire's hub?

Contract coming up for renew next month; sometimes a bit of sabre-rattling shows that you mean business.

0 Kudos