Menu
Bezcom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds BL2 Again!

Here we go again, shockingly slow speeds constantly for the past few days, 0.76 Mbps d/load on a so called 100 Mbps connection.

0 Kudos
philbean
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds BL2 Again!

Ditto.

Also BL2 here. On the 50mb service. Have been getting 48Mb regular up till yesterday. Now getting 0.8Mbps. Almost unusable.

Can't have crashed that much due to utilisation. Must be a fault surely?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bezcom,

Sorry to hear your getting slow speeds. Appreciate your frustration with this.

You said 'here we go again' so I've got a feeling you may already be aware of what I'm about to advise you.

I have tested your connection and all is looking good from your side.

You local network is showing it is due to be upgraded however. This should increase bandwidth which will hopefully resolve any slow speeds you are experiencing particularly at peak times and weekends.

The reference for this is F003318638 with a review date of 22nd of July 2015. The review dates are fluid so subject to change.

Hope this information helps.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sebby75
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It's now 31st of December 2015 and they are still giving same fault number... F003318638.. apparently to be sorted by 13th of January 2016...

I'm getting 50Mbit at night, 50Mbit during the day until 6pm and then (2 - 3.5) Mbit speed in the evening when I am actually back from work!!

I wish I have never switched from EE broadband to Virgin... with EE I was getting full advertised speed 17Mbit any time of day or night...

I wish somebody told me when I was signing up that "Sorry we have too many customers in your area, we are not taking any more until we upgrade our infrastructure"

I wanted to speak to somebody in the Uk about the problem, but i'm getting connected to call centre in India all the time, they recon that they cannot put me through to call centre in the Uk and there is no separate number but down to pure luck where I will get connected... nightmare!!!

0 Kudos
philbean
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this forum team ?

It's now the 17th and another weekend of shockingly poor speeds.

This is taking the mick now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi philbean, 

Just a quick update, fault ref F003318638 has now been merged to fault ref F004342124 for slow speeds during peak times. 

Unfortunately more work is required and the planning team are still investigating the best way to get the issue resolved. We should have more news after 12/10/2016. 

I have popped you a PM in regard to this. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This fault just isn't going to get fixed is it. How much time do they need to actually sort these, surely shouldnt take years, it just simply isn't good enough.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
philbean
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I appreciate what you've done in the PM you sent me, 18 months to fix this "fault" is an absolute joke.

It's not a fault. You signed up more people than your infrastructure can cope with. You're still trying to sign up more people and whilst Ricky B sits on his desert island sipping cocktails, you won't spend a few quid to give my street more bandwidth.

Give me some reasons why I should be hanging on waiting for this to be resolved and not switching to BT or Sky ??

0 Kudos
magicniner
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Parki79 wrote:

This fault just isn't going to get fixed is it. How much time do they need to actually sort these, surely shouldnt take years, it just simply isn't good enough.

The rolling review dates are for them to decide where they are willing to spend some money, talk of "More Work" is a diversion, either they have installed the required hardware to fix excess demand in an area or not, most often not, there'a been a "Utilisation Fault" in my area since 2014, note that the Fault bit is not true, it's lack of bandwidth caused by over-selling something they don't have! 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
0 Kudos
krakpot
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm moving to Bl2 in a few weeks and was going to try Virgin but have been reading the contention issue threads on the forums.

Has anyone from BL2 seen any improvement?

Cheers
0 Kudos